History & Mission
History of NKS
In 1991, National Kwikmetal Service was established based on the simple principle that when a customer orders a small quantity of stainless steel they deserve the same levels of quality and service as those customers ordering large quantities. By offering superior levels of quality and service, coupled with short lead times, NKS developed a reputation as a “can do” company.
Over the years, our customers have rewarded us with an increased volume of business that has moved NKS into the ranks of a major stainless steel service center. NKS has grown from a 3 person company operating a single 18” slitter, to a company with 3 locations, operating 7 slitters. Today we offer excellent pricing and customer service, coupled with metallurgical services and an experienced sales staff that can assist customers with difficult applications.
NKS is fully equipped to handle your stainless requirements, regardless of the size or complexity. We are committed to living up to our Mission Statement and Guiding Principles on a daily basis.
NKS Mission Statement
NKS will continue improving and maintaining its status as a “premier metals service center” by providing unparalleled quality, responsible environmental stewardship, and exceptional service to our customers.
NKS Guiding Principles
- Enhance Value by exceeding our customer’s expectations
- Respect our customers, fellow employees, and suppliers
- Respect our planet by reducing pollution through responsible “green” actions
- Lead and innovate through the relentless pursuit of excellence
- Provide a work environment that fosters pride in our employees
- Maintain an atmosphere of learning and teaching that inspires continuous improvement